CENTRE NATIONAL DES ŒUVRES UNIVERSITAIRES ET SCOLAIRES (CNOUS)
(International Student Welfare Centre)
CNOUS has a team of 157 welfare advisers who are based in regional CNOUS centres. Their expertise covers the following services:
- Ensure the improvement of life/studying conditions of all French and foreign students in France.
- Setting up of welfare commissions that bring together key players in student life with a view to improving student living conditions and quality of life.
- Provides foreign students with practical information and formalities while studying/living in France.
- Assist students in obtaining resident permits
- Foreign students’ counselling services
- Assist foreign students with disabilities to settle into university life.
- Assist students with personal financial matters
- Award hardship funds to students experiencing financial hardship on a special basis as a part of bursary or loan.
- Grants, loans and housing to foreign students
- Cultural activities
- Assist students with links of temporary employment agencies and companies that are keen to recruit. (However, demand remains higher than supply.)